TW: people being afraid to come out as plural, bigotry against plurals
I know a prominent SJ activist on tumblr. They recently came out to me as being part of a plural system. I asked them, mostly out of curiosity, why they weren’t open about it.
They told me that they knew that if they came out, all of their credibility would vanish. Everything they’d written on -isms, justice, every person they’d helped or educated, nothing would matter once people found out they shared their head with others. Given the state of tumblr’s opinion on plurals, I had to agree.
Can we stop being fail about plurals now?
- neurodivergentleman reblogged this from secretsofthedisabled
- rumtehk-uh likes this
- secretsofthedisabled likes this
- karalianne likes this
- kyanve reblogged this from rat-trails and added:
- kyanve answered:thank you so much. It starts feeling like you have to black out a bingo card just to get accepted, and it’s honestly ridiculous.
- rat-trails reblogged this from secretsofthedisabled
- rat-trails answered:You’re my hero.
- apinballwizard answered:no
- atalantapendrag reblogged this from secretsofthedisabled
- secretsofthedisabled reblogged this from poisondartwolf and added:
- campdracula5eva answered:Hey, let said person know that my blog is v. much plural friendly if they ever wanna talk :)
- warlocksexalways reblogged this from secretsofthedisabled
- warlocksexalways likes this
- navelgazed likes this
- silveth reblogged this from poisondartwolf and added:
- silveth likes this
- void-symphony likes this
- apogeesystem likes this
- amydentata likes this
- nailthatsticksup likes this
- poisondartwolf reblogged this from secretsofthedisabled and added: